How to make money online from Facebook
In this article, we will try to list every possible way to learn how to make money online from Facebook. Either it is directly from Facebook using their programs:
- In-stream Ads
- Instant Articles
- Brands collabs manager
Or indirectly, through driving traffic from Facebook to your monetized properties like your online shop, your website, or your Youtube channel.
This article is a part of our full plan to start a business online.
How to start your passive income from Facebook
The first thing you need to do in order to make money from Facebook is to create a Facebook page and then we will try to monetize the page itself or promote the page in legit freeways and drive the traffic we get to where we can turn that traffic into money.
How to create a Facebook page – How to make money online from Facebook
Facebook makes it really simple and easy to create a page and I will use their exact guide to give you the simple steps you need to take.
- Go to facebook.com/pages/create.
- Click to choose a Page type.
- Fill out the required information.
- Click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.
Very simple, right? But let me tell you few tips that Facebook doesn’t tell you that easy.
- Choose your page name wisely and preferably let it be the same as your website name. Changing names of your page is not always a good thing to do when it comes to Facebook and actually you won’t have the privilege to do that a lot. you can change it one time every 60 days.
- Create a business page.
- Set a great cover picture and a profile picture for your new page that exactly reflects you or your business.
- Try to invite your friends to your page and ask them to invite their friends to your page, those will be a good start for engagement and participation.
- Clain your page URL/Username once you have your page created and if it’s taken just add Co or The, just don’t have a username that’s a lot different than your page name.
- Write The about section immediately and don’t postpone it for later.
Your page is ready
Now your Facebook page is ready and published, but let’s face the real fact here. An empty or close to empty Facebook page is actually not worth a lot, So how we will grow this Facebook page?
If you search ‘how to grow my Facebook page’ on Google, you will find some weird results who are just seeking clicks, you will find results like this:
– 27 ways to grow your Facebook page
-16 organic ways to grow your Facebook page
and the list goes on…
Trust me, it is a lot simpler than this. Actually there are only three ways to grow your Facebook page. Of course, you will add a link to your page on your website, email, Forums… but those are not really ‘ways’, those fit in the must-do checklist.
So what are those three ways?
Afterall, your goal is to learn how to make money online from Facebook
Pay Facebook to promote your page
Right, this is the fastest, easiest, and less time-consuming way to grow your page. But, it costs money. So if you have any budget for that, it’s the best route to go. Bear in mind that Facebook Ads are cheap. The cost of your campaign depends a lot on the audience you are targeting. If you want to target people from Europe or the US you will pay more per like comparing to targetting people from India let’s say. You can go from as low as 0.01$ per each like to anywhere close to 1$ per like. it all depends on your preferences while setting up your campaign.
Join relevant groups with your page and post useful content
Almost two years ago, Facebook has given the right for pages to join groups and post as a page, not just that! When someone likes your post, Facebook granted you the right to send an invite to that person to join your page. that’s cool, right?
But, before you feel so excited about it and go crazy joining groups and posting left and right, let me tell you the pros and cons of such activity.
Facebook pages can join groups?
Yes, they can. If you search for a group and hover your mouse over the join button you will notice a new feature where Facebook tells you that pages can join groups now. But, you will also notice and especially if your page is new that your page doesn’t show on the list when you try to join this group as your page. Don’t panic, new pages need time for Facebook to recognize their existence. So if you just can’t join a group as your page, don’t panic, wait for a few days. get more likes and Facebook will recognize the existence of your page. I tend to tell people to set their page template to ‘business’. I believe this speeds up the process.
This is an essential part of your path to learn how to make money online from Facebook
The best technique to use when trying to grow your page through groups
Facebook is too sensitive to spam. and no one knows the real formula Facebook uses to fl*ag any content you post as spam. You need to be very careful while posting as your page into groups, one violation and it will stick there for real long time and it will affect your ability to monetize this same page later. So how to avoid any content from being flagged as spam?
- Don’t join too many groups, pick the biggest ones, and join them. let that be 10 groups max
- Don’t post the same content twice in the same group or to a different group
- Never share from your page to any group, write the content itself inside the group
- Don’t make more than 3 posts a day into 3 different groups
- Those three posts shall not be the same, but different content
Don’t ignore all the above at any given time, it will be really frustrating if you manage to grow your page from zero like to 10k likes and suddenly get a violation of Spam or inauthentic engagement. Use this technique but use it very wisely and be smart. Patience is the keyword here.
Post video content
Why video content helps you grow your page?
It’s simple, Facebook will recommend your video for others to watch. Others who have never seen or interact with your page, but still you have a very high chance that many will see your video content and a good chunk of those people will follow your page or interact with your video so you can invite them in.
Did you ever notice when watching videos on Facebook, those videos with millions of views while the page posting them have something like 100k followers? It’s the Facebook recommendation of those videos to others. The more people interact with your video with liking it, sharing it, commenting, or any other engagement, Facebook will keep showing it to more and more people. You end up with a good number of people following your page just because of that single video.
Tips when uploading video content
- Upload rich content videos.
- make sure your video is no less than 3 minutes long
- HD videos are far better than non-HD videos
- If you can’t create your own videos look for videos with creative commons license and use them
- Try to ask other publishers to upload their videos on your page, most will accept if you credit them.
- upload regularly, at least 1 video per day.
We tried to briefly teach you how to create a Facebook page and what are the best ways to grow it organically, now let’s go back to our main topic in this article.
How to make money online from Facebook
There are two ways to make money online from Facebook. You either make the money directly from Facebook or use your Facebook page to drive traffic to your website or Youtube channel. You can also convert your Facebook page fans into clients that will buy from your online shop.
What’s beautiful about all this? You can do both at the very same time.
How to make money online from Facebook directly
Facebook has awesome partnership programs that you can use to make money from the content you publish. I will talk about the best two I love to use.
1- In-stream Ads
2- Instant Articles
Let’s start with In-steam Ads.
I will quote the exact Facebook words about in-srteam Ads:
In-stream ads help eligible video creators earn money by including short video or image ads in qualifying videos. Creators get a share of the revenue from the video ads shown to their viewers. Viewers must view the entire ad to continue watching a video. Since advertisers target different audiences, viewers will probably see different ads.
Is everyone eligible to make money from their video content? the short answer is yes! Yet there are some requirements your page should meet:
Only Facebook Pages are eligible to use in-stream ads. You’re eligible for in-stream ads if you are 18 years or older and meet the following criteria:Facebook
Publish videos from a Page
You must publish videos from a Page, not a profile, to be eligible for in-stream ads.
Meet Facebook Partner Monetisation Policies
You must meet our Partner Monetisation Policies, not only to be eligible for in-stream ads, but to stay eligible.
Have 30,000+ 1-minute views
This metric helps determine how successfully you’ll be able to monetize with in-stream ads. In the last 60 days, you need to have had at least 30,000 one-minute views on videos that are at least three minutes long.
Have 10,000 Page followers
Videos must be published from a Page that has at least 10,000 followers. Followers and not likes and that’s been set for a good reason we have mentioned before.
Be in an available country and language
Review Facebook current list of supported countries and languages.
Publish 3-minute videos
Videos themselves must be at least three minutes long to be eligible for in-stream ads.
All the above requirements are easy to meet, except the fact that if your country is not eligible to partner with Facebook. You can’t just change your country to start making money from Facebook, right?
But don’t worry, I have noticed that even if your country is not on the list, all you need to do is to add an admin to the page from a country that is eligible and you will pass this requirement. Who doesn’t have friends from all around the world? right?
How about Instant articles
What is Instant Articles?
Instant Articles service is a technology provided by Facebook through the official application on mobile phones.
The idea is based on Facebook creating a light version of the articles on your site. And, storing this copy on Facebook servers. This copy is displayed to the reader inside the Facebook application without the need to exit from the application and visit your site.
How does Facebook benefit from instant articles?
- The rate of a user exiting from the Facebook application will be reduced a lot. Because the user now reads the entire article inside the app.
- Based on Facebook, the article’s load time are 10 times faster.
- Increasing the rate of interactions on the links too, because the presence of the lightning mark for instant articles encourages the visitor to open the article because it will open quickly.
- Consequently, the percentage of users who decide not to click on links that may have been bored due to their unwillingness to log out of Facebook will decrease at the time the article appears in front of them.
What is my position as content publisher of instant articles?
Many website owners believe that instant articles will be a reason to reduce the number of visits to their sites coming from Facebook because a visitor now can read my articles in the Facebook App directly.
In principle, instant articles are optional, not obligatory. You will not see it in your articles unless you take the first step and subscribe to it yourself
But .. before you make this decision
Allow me to invite you to complete the article in order to explain to you the advantages that you will lose by not subscribing to the instant articles.
We assume that we have a site for example.
By default, this site comes with visits from the following sources:
- Visits from people using a desktop computer coming from Google Search. We will call them: “Desktop SEO”
- Other people using mobile or tablets come from Google search. We will call them: “Mobile SEO”
- And visits from people using a desktop computer coming from Facebook. We will call them: “Desktop Social”
- Finally, visits from people using a mobile or tablet come from Google search. We will call them: “Mobile Social”
Now, focus more
Number one, two, and three in the previous list … have nothing to do with instant articles.
The fourth source “Mobile Social” only, is the one linked to the instant articles.
So, when you write an article on your site .. and you convert it into an instant article version on Facebook, those who will find your article through a desktop will always have to visit your website to read that article.
Only those who will access the article link from the official Facebook app will see the online version of your article.
Yes, your site visits will decrease, but only the number of people who viewed your article link while using the official Facebook App.
In other words, if you have good content and you want to make some good extra money. You need to start with Instant Articles on Facebook. Sign up here.
How to make money online from Facebook indirectly
Now that we have covered the part related to how to make money online from Facebook directly, there are still ways to monetize your Facebook presence and make money indirectly. How?
Two words: Driving traffic
If you are monetizing your Facebook page through in-stream ads and instant articles or not, you can still drive traffic from your Facebook page to your other monetized properties.
- You can drive traffic from your Facebook page to your website
- Also, you can drive traffic to your Youtube channel
- You can drive traffic from your Facebook page to your online store
This traffic will help you increase your income from the Ads you are showing or will increase your sales from your online shop.
Important article: how to drive traffic to your website.
How to make money online from Facebook
In the end, I hope I have made it very clear for you regarding this topic and I hope this article will help you one way or another. If you have any questions or need any help regarding this topic, don’t hesitate to write to Help@BrainFoodPlus.com and you will get your answers.
Read more: How to make money from Youtube
Read more: Alternative ways to make money online
Thanks for reading
Good Article!! Thans for the help